Pitch a story to Increment
Increment is a print and digital magazine published by Stripe that covers the state of the tech industry. Each issue is dedicated to a specific theme (previous issues were dedicated to on-call and cloud computing) and illuminates industry best practices, contains interviews with industry experts, and explores the important aspects of the theme at hand.
We're currently considering pitches that address technical topics with creativity and precision. We’re looking for finely crafted work that goes above and beyond. Note that all accepted stories will go through a rigorous editorial review.
We’d love to hear from you—please read the following thoroughly before sending us your pitch.
We’re almost exclusively interested in pitches that align with the themes of our upcoming issues:
- Q1 2018: Tech in China
- Q2 2018: Energy & Environment
Types of content we’re interested in
- Long-form pieces directly relevant to software teams, engineers, and technology companies
- Human interest stories about tech and lessons learned, from database migrations gone wrong to cloud migrations gone right
- Compelling expert insights on industry best practices
- Very opinionated opinion pieces
- Interviews with tech industry experts
- Personal essays that address a technical need or experience
We’re also interested in
- Seeing your portfolio if you’re curious about contributing issue art
- Immersive, experiential, and interactive editorial design
We’re not currently looking for
- Product or app reviews
- Casual listicles
- Humor columns
- Gadget stuff
- General “tech” stuff (we’re focused on software engineering)
- Anything that’s being done everywhere else
- Be clear and focused
- Not exceed 250–300 words
- Outline your concept, target audience, proposed structure, and how you plan to tackle the piece
Be sure to include
- An estimated word count for your final piece
- A very quick bio/explanation of why you are qualified to write this piece
- A link to your portfolio or published writing samples
While we can’t respond to every submission, we do our very best. If you haven’t heard from us in two weeks, feel free to send a gentle follow up.